Work Therapy Assistant
Job Class: Work Therapy Assistant
Working Title: Work Therapy Assistant
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/13/2020
Closing Date: 01/27/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS EMSOCS AFSCME
Division/Unit: MSOCS DT&H South / MSOCS DT&H MRTP
Work Shift/Work Hours: Rotating Shift
Days of Work: Varies
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $18.95 - $25.63/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 204 - Health Care Non Professional/AFSCME
Work Area: Eden Prairie
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
Work Therapy Assistant will serves as a lead worker. It develops and coordinates both community and in-house work for individuals attending Day Training and Habilitation programs with an emphasis on development for community based employment opportunities for Individuals who attend program.
- Act as a liaison between businesses for both facility and community based employment opportunities for program participants: Establishing and maintaining a liaison role for sub contract employment opportunities to assist individuals in meeting their employment objectives and ensuring U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour compliance with standards for erogram participants employed at sub-minimum wages.
- Execute, complete and troubleshoot weekly payroll for individuals, preparing Client-Worker payroll so that workers are paid accurately and timely.
- Execute, complete and troubleshoot monthly billing of businesses for services performed and coordinate financial operations so that fiscal records are accurate and informative.
- Facilitate problem resolution among individuals, families, case managers, community members, staff and others so that supports can be coordinated and individuals can achieve their optimum success.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of:
- Work activity program development sufficient to design work therapy plans for clients.
- Client groups sufficient to accommodate for special limitations in the work setting.
- Behavior modification techniques sufficient to implement prescribed programs.
- operate hand and power tools sufficient to instruct others in their safe operation and adapt or modify tools to accommodate physical and/or mental limitations
- read, write and speak English.
math ability sufficient to calculate employee payroll .
- working knowledge of Excel and ability to use Word for data entry and business letters..
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS -The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.