Wine and Spirits Clerk
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Educates customers about products. Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers; Wine & Spirits Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
No education requirement. Over six months up to one year of similar or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
This position is occasionally exposed to dirt, cleaning solvents and equipment movement hazards. There is exposure to temperature extremes and dampness. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Two wheeler, cash register, pallet jack, box cutter, feather duster, and telephone.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies, and the general public.