Sweet Shop – Bakery Clerk
General Function :
As Sweet Shop Bakery Clerk, this position will be responsible for reviewing daily orders, preparing & replenishing products in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Bakery Manager; Assistant Bakery Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
Less than High school or equivalent experience and six months of less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without correction, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to flour dust, noise, cleaning chemicals/solvents, electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a bakery environment including mixers, ovens, wrapping, label printer, cash register, telephone, dishwasher, bread slicer, electric knife, microwave, airbrush, and copy cat.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.