Scheduling Assistant (Part-Time)
The Scheduling Assistant is a Caregiver/Med Passer who is also responsible for arranging staff coverage for the care team department based on established guidelines under the direction of the Care Team Manager. The Scheduling Assistant records absences in scheduling software and secures replacements as needed. The Scheduling Assistant must have excellent organization, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Working every other weekend.
- Under the direction of the Care Team Manager/ALM/BHM, maintains schedule for care team department ensuring vacant shifts are filled to meet staffing requirements.
- Supports and maintains effective and positive communication and working relations with team members and managers.
- Communicates clearly and effectively over the phone, in person, and in writing with caregivers and members of the management team.
- Manages recordkeeping to ensure staffing in accordance with established standards that includes management of call offs and replacements, and attendance.
- Maintain records related to time off requests, approvals and denials, tardiness, and missed punches in accordance with established procedures.
- Daily correction of missed caregiver punches/tracking of missed lunches/breaks.
- Provides care to residents or passes medication per the direction of the Care Team Manager/ALM/BHM or Executive Director.
- Must be available to be on-call at least every other weekend to take call-offs including after regular business hours. If unable to fill a shift, responsibility includes covering the shift themselves in the community.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Caregiver Med Passer and Caregiver Lead experience.
- Experience in a healthcare environment. Staff scheduling or similar experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and adapt to changing situations as daily labor management changes.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate electronic and paper filing systems.
- Knowledge of personal computers and related applications.
- Ability to identify and efficiently solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be reliable, dependable and display a professional disposition.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and maintain effective working relationships with team members and managers.
- Ability to be flexible, patient, and attentive to details.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Why New Perspective Senior Living?
A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!