Office & Admin Specialist Int
Job Class: Office & Administrative Specialist Intermediate
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/13/2020
Closing Date: 01/21/2020
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care & Treatment Services / Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment Services
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: 8 a.m. - noon (negotiable) .
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $17.23 - $22.84 /hourly
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH) provides short-term, acute inpatient psychiatric services in 16-bed community-based settings. Natural support structures are incorporated into treatment by serving patients as close as possible to their home communities.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, this incumbent provides administrative support and office management to the Community Behavioral Health Hospital, Program Manager, and staff.
This position exists to:
• Provide general office management duties.
• Provide clerical and administrative support duties.
• Provide assistance and back up for HIMS / clerical position.
- Knowledge of data privacy, and patient medical records confidentiality, office procedures, scheduling priorities, work flow channeling, word processing, database and record keeping systems, forms handling and courteous telephone habits.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, knowledge or experience with patient medical records and medical record oversight; use of electronic medical record system.
- Flexibility in responding to changing needs and work assignments.
- Ability to effectively manage time, plus organize and prioritize workload for maximum efficiency in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to write and edit a variety of documents in business English using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative relationships with a highly varied group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in processing sensitive materials according to all applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- An associates degree or bachelors degree in in accounting, business administration, or business data systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with building/equipment maintenance workorder systems, and learning management systems.
- 1 to 3 years of office management experience to include accounts payable, budgeting, contract monitoring, inventory management, payroll validation, staff scheduling, communications, and customer service.
- Experience providing clerical or office support in a healthcare setting, such as hospital, clinic, or nursing home.
Additional Requirements To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.