General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps, trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Meat and/or Seafood Department. Rotates stock, stocks cases and places product in coolers.
Accountable and Reports to:
Director; Manager Of; Human Resources/Accounting Manager; Assistant Managers; Meat Manager; Meat Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company policies and individual center guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customers' orders.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Provides prompt efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important person.
- Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness, then stocks cases or rotates product.
- Finishes trims on steaks, roasts, and chops in preparing these retail cuts, including seafood for traying.
- Prepares and organizes seafood items.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
- Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
- Trays, slices, tenderizes, and grinds product.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in other areas of center as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Washes dishes as necessary.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience, food safety training. Three to six months of similar or related work.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to be on feet (standing and walking) for 6-8 hours a day.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, Box Cutters, Grinders, Patty Maker, Tenderizer, Slicer, Pallet jack, Tumbler, Wrapping system, Rotisserie, RPM, Telexon ordering unit and C.A.R.S. system.
Has daily contact with suppliers/vendors, employees and office personnel. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.