Market Grille Server Trainer
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Responsible for conducting classroom training and on-the-job training with new servers. Ensures correct and prompt delivery of food.
Accountable and Reports to: General Manager; Department Managers
Direct Reports: Servers
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Train on steps of service
- Show how to provide the best guest experience
- Menu knowledge
- Bar knowledge (where applicable)
- First, new server shadows trainer
- Trainers shadow new server
- Trainer determines when new server is ready to be scheduled alone
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no more than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Strong menu knowledge
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store/restaurant environment. This is a fast paced atmosphere which requires significant contact and communication with others, with great attention to customer service.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a serving environment including Bar code reader, cash register, carving knives, credit card processing machines, paging equipment, Aloha terminals, POS printers, POS terminals and POS workstations.
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general public