Italian Express Clerk
General Function :
As a Italian Clerk, this position will be responsible for taking orders from customers over the telephones or counter. Orders and receives products requested by the department manager. Checks to make sure orders are correct. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Italian Express Manager, Assistant Italian Express Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
• escorting them to the products they're looking for
• securing products that are out of reach
• loading or unloading heavy items
• making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
• performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
6. Takes customer orders at the counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat
9. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
10. Prepares pizza toppings (green peppers, onions, etc.).
11. Orders breads from the bakery or outside
12. Receives product and verifies order
13. Pre bakes (partially bakes) pizza crust for the pizza case.
14. Ensures that an adequate supply of product is ready and on hand.
15. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis
16. Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
17. Inventories the cold case and determines what is necessary for product replacement.
18. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable
19. Removes trash in a timely manner.
20. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
21. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
22. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Orders product that is requested by department manager.
2. Prepares pizza dough and breadsticks when necessary.
3. Pulls old product from the case and fills with new product.
4. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
5. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience and six months or less of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 20-25 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and exerting a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
This position is continually exposed to flour, dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Oven, steamer, scale, big mixer, shrink wrap machine, Telexon ordering unit, CARS program, register, walk in cooler, pizza cutter, knives, and slice cases.
Has daily contact with internal customers and the general public. Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has contact with Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as necessary.