Human Svcs Support Specialist
Job Class: Human Services Support Specialist
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/13/2020
Closing Date: 01/21/2020
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care & Treatment Services / Forensics Services
Work Shift: Nights Shifts
Work Hours: 10:15 PM-6:15 AM
Days of Work: Varies
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $19.53 - $26.29/hourly
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This announcement is to fill one part-time night vacacncy. Shifts will include weekend work.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Human Services Support Specialist will provide direct care, training, treatment, support, and leisure activities to clients of Transition Services.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating support plans and treatment plans for assigned clients.
- Observing, interpreting, and documenting client responses to treatment and training interventions and communicating unusual or unexpected reactions or outcomes to program supervisors and other team members.
- Providing general client supervision and addressing crisis situations that present a risk to the health and safety of clients (e.g., CPR, first aid, emergency physical intervention).
- Providing direct care services and support to clients sufficient to ensure they are well fed, cared for, in good health, and included in decisions, as appropriate.
- Performing basic health care procedures, such as negotiation, redirection, etc., to control and diffuse aggressive violent, and inappropriate behavior.
- Intervening in emergency situations.
- Avoiding conflict and control issues whenever possible and teaching clients similar strategies.
- Establishing rapport with clients, their families and service providers.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Transporting clients as needed.
- Knowledge of therapeutic intervention techniques for controlling aggressive or violent behavior.
- Read and write English sufficient to understand and follow directions, assist in the delivery of client programs, and assist professionals in the delivery of small group therapy.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and mental illness sufficient to assist with the design and implementation of individual treatment plans.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your work experience in the areas listed for each job held.
REFERENCE CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.