Host/Hostess – Market Grille
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service, as well as be the first impression of our establishment. Supervises and coordinates activities of Market Grille personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons: Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
Accountable and Reports to: Restaurant Manager; Assistant Restaurant Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing
Education and Experience
No education requirement. 0 - 2 years of related work experience
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, prolonged standing and walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store/restaurant environment. This is a fast paced atmosphere which requires significant contact and communication with others, with great attention to customer service.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a serving environment including Bar code reader, cash register, Multi-line telephone systems, Touch Screen monitors, carving knives, credit card processing machines, paging equipment, Point of Sale printers, terminals and workstations.
Has constant contact with the general public and customers