Hickory House Clerk
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Reviews and fills customer orders for the day. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Directors; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Hickory House Manager; Assistant Hickory House Manager; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- escorting them to the products for which they're looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
No education requirement. Six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, possible electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a kitchen environment including disposal, trash compactor, slicer, Hobart machine, grill, fryer, dishwasher, register system, ovens, rotisserie, knives, label maker, and company vehicle.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.