General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Creates beginning levels of design work floral arrangements and fills necessary merchandising needs. Assists customers with placing orders and completes the paperwork. Takes deliveries and makes delivery lists.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Floral Manager, Assistant Floral Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
Less than High School or six months or less of similar or related work experience.
• Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions
• Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
• Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazards, chemicals/solvents, electrical shock, and dampness.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a floral environment including computer, underwater cutter, wire cutter, pricing gun, dosetron, scissors, knives, pick machine, register system, helium tank, and telephone
Has daily contact with the general public and customers, weekly contact with suppliers/vendors
Maintains confidentiality on orders placed (including who sent, who received, order, and cost).