Designated Coordinator – Skills Development Specialist
Working Title: Designated Coordinator
Job Class: Skills Development Specialist
Part-Time 30 hours/Week; 60 hours/Pay Period
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 09/22/2022
- Closing Date: 09/29/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS MAPE State Operated Svcs
- Division/Unit: Direct Care & Treatment / Community Based Services / Community Support Services Pine City Crisis Home / Child Adolescent Services Pine City - Pine City
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Rotating Shift; (Generally shifts are 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.); hours vary depending on needs of the program.
- Days of Work: Varies; may include weekends and holidays.
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $21.43 - $31.00/hourly
- Job Class Option: Designated Coordinator
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Applicants may be eligible for a hiring incentive of up to $2,500!
T his is a part-time, rotating shift position with some weekend and holiday shifts, is located in Pine City, Minnesota. The hours of work are generally 7 :00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Days of work and hours may vary depending on site needs.
The Designated Coordinator is the lead worker at the program and plays a key role in overseeing programs, activities, and scheduling, under the direction of the supervisor. In this role, the Designated Coordinator will split their time between direct care responsibilities and program responsibilities. Program responsibilities include designing, implementing and evaluating behavioral support strategies for individuals at the site. Hours will vary, candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. This is a great position for a candidate who has experience with individuals who have high behavioral needs.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participating in the development, refinement and implementation of individualized program plans that will help individuals safely achieve their goals.
- Providing work direction, guidance, training and feedback to staff to ensure the highest standards of service delivery are provided to the individuals.
- Providing direct care to individuals such as bathing, toileting, hygiene, medication/treatment administration, providing escorts and mobile supports and behavior interventions.
- Contributing to the safety and security of the site, individuals served and co-workers
Working for the Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care & Treatment division PAYS!
In addition to a rewarding career in which you will be positively impacting the lives of Minnesota's most vulnerable residents, we provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. This includes a competitive hourly wage, affordable insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off and more!
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- $2,500 Hiring Bonus (Current State of Minnesota employees are not eligible for a Hiring Bonus)
- Annual pay increases
- Tuition reimbursement for courses related to the work of DHS
- Student loan reimbursement
Must meet the qualifications to be a Designated Coordinator:
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to human services, and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
- Associate's degree in a field related to human services, and two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities; and four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 or older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications in one of the categories above.
Candidates must also minimally meet these required qualifications:
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Develop person-centered support plans that use Positive Support principles and practices, including Person-Centered Thinking and Planning, Positive Behavior Support, and recovery-oriented mental health supports.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to promote among team members a shared understanding of support goals and implementation of methods.
- Develop a schedule of activities to ensure that resources are used effectively in implementing programs according to plans.
- Apply consistent principles in assessing individuals' interfering behavior, skill development needs, and progress toward achieving individual goals.
- Work rotating or irregular hours as needed, or directed.
- Provide direct care as needed.
- Coaching principles sufficient to motivate and guide employees.
- Support principles and techniques sufficient to plan, design, and implement individual program strategies for assigned individuals.
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Lead work experience in a direct care setting.
- Experience writing, modifying, or evaluating program plans.
- Experience with financial management of home or individual accounts.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
You owe it to yourself to check out the exciting and rewarding careers available statewide in Direct Care and Treatment, the behavioral health care system operated by the Department of Human Services.
As a member of our team, you will help support patients and clients with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, chemical dependency and other behavioral health conditions. From doctors, nurses and other direct care staff to facility and operations positions to office and administrative support roles, we've got excellent opportunities at nearly 200 locations throughout Minnesota. Our mission-focused work positively impacts the lives of over 12,000 Minnesotans each year.
The meaningful career you've been waiting for is just a click away. Go ahead, do yourself a favor. Make the next step in your journey #DCTCareers!
We invest in our employees by providing competitive compensation and excellent, comprehensive benefits including low cost medical, dental and vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, pension and tax-deferred compensation plans, generous vacation and sick leave and 12 paid holidays each year. Many positions are eligible for a hiring bonus, tuition assistance, and even relocation expenses. For more information about #DCTCareers visit our website: https://mn.gov/dhs/dct-careers/
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The Department of Human Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if they: 1) meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation before the closing date.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sharon Samuelson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the job ID to Jacqueline Jensen at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.