General Function :
As a Dairy Clerk, this position will be responsible for rotating and replenishing merchandise and ensuring highest quality standards are met. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Dairy Manager, Assistant Dairy Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
• escorting them to the products they're looking for
• securing products that are out of reach
• loading or unloading heavy items
• making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
• performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
7. Unloads trucks and places product in appropriate storage area.
8. Faces merchandise.
9. Ensures cleanliness in the department, cleans off the cases, sweeps the floor, etc.
10. Builds end caps display and fills through the week as necessary.
11. Orders product and supply that is requested by department manager
12. Ensures storage area is organized, the floor is not slippery, and the temperature is constant and correct.
13. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
14. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
15. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the physical inventories (monthly and quarterly).
2. Checks invoices against delivered product when asked.
3. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
4. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience and six months or less of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with or without correction; depth perception.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Working Conditions :
This position is exposed to noise and temperature extremes continuously, dirt and dampness frequently, and occasionally exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telexon ordering unit, box cutter, two wheeler, ice cream carts, milk dollies, cash register, intercom, calculator, pallet jack, and C.A.R.S. re-ordering system
Has daily contact with suppliers/vendors and customers.