Adult Services Librarian – Part Time Temporary
ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ADULT SERVICES LIBRARIAN
Up to 19 hours per week - $16.50 per hour
Flexible schedule required - Must be available for evening/weekend work.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree required or Master of Library Science Degree from an ALA accredited library school preferred. At least one year of experience in a library or related setting providing customer service to adults.
Tasks: Provides professional front-line library public service work using all types of communication resources, including print, non-print (DVDs, audiobooks), Internet and electronic resources. Typical duties include helping library users locate information or materials in the library and online; supporting patrons in using public computers; providing reader's advisory assistance; using authoritative resources to answer questions and make referrals; furnish information on library activities, facilities, and services to other agencies and individuals. This individual may be cross-trained to provide reference, reader's advisory, and computer assistance as needed for all patrons at the Youth Desk on the 1st floor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of library services, systems and procedures.
- Ability to establish relationships with the public and provide effective customer service in a professional manner.
- Ability to use computers, computer networks, and online resources; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with learning new software.
- Knowledge of sources and materials in both print and electronic formats, and searching methods and procedures.
- Experience using various devices (computers, smart phones, tablets, eReaders) and applications such as email, eBooks, and online forms; the ability to provide the public assistance with devices and applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work enthusiastically with the public.
- Strong service orientation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned
Physical and Visual Ability: Sufficient to effectively and safely perform required duties and to safely operate required equipment and City vehicles as needed.
Hearing and Speaking Ability: Sufficient to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate in person and over the telephone.
Employee Core Beliefs
City of Prescott employees should seek to uphold the City's core beliefs throughout their day-to-day business and with every customer they come in contact with, both internal and external. Our core beliefs are: Act with Integrity, Work as a Team, Have Personal Commitment and Loyalty, Solve Problems, Take Pride In Excellent Results, High Level of Productivity and Being Nice.
Successful candidate will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug screening
- Motor vehicle records check
- Criminal background screening
City of Prescott Contact Information
201 N. Montezuma Street, Suite 303
Prescott, AZ 86301
Phone: 928-777-1410 / Fax: 928-832-1222
Deadline: Applications must include a cover letter and resume and must be received by Friday, August 26th at 5:00 p.m.