Administrative Recreation Specialist (Part-Time)
Job Characteristics ***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
ADMINISTRATIVE RECREATION SPECIALIST
This position is open until filled and may close at any time.
The City of Concord is seeking a part-time, customer service-oriented business professional to serve as administrative support in the Parks & Recreation Department at Willow Pass Community Center.
What you will be doing:
This position primarily works at the front counter of the Community Center, supporting facility operations and program registration. This can include customer service to the public and other staff, processing of rental permits, facility scheduling, and office support duties.
This is a part-time position, working typically 15-18 hours per week, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. as needed, Monday through Friday. It will occasionally include irregular hours due to meetings or special events.
We are looking for someone who:
- Possesses a positive "can do" attitude
- Is highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Is detail oriented and solution focused
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is self-motivated with a strong desire to contribute and learn
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills
- Possesses strong computer skills; specifically Microsoft Office and ability to learn specialized software
- Embraces, promotes and is guided by the City's Mission, Vision and Values
- Submit a completed City of Concord application and the required supplemental question responses, online at www.cityofconcord.org/jobs.
- All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, and those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position will be invited to interview.
IMPORTANT : Contact with candidates will primarily be via email. Make sure you list a current email that you check regularly on your application.
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to Purpose
Functions in a lead capacity in support of facility operations and program registration; performs activities related to the creation, processing and maintenance of rental permits, including communication with customers (over the phone, in person and via email); ensures timely completion of all paperwork and processes, facility scheduling, information development and file maintenance. Initiates work orders, completes financial transactions and reports, and manages office operations. Provides direction to part-time facility and office staff, including front desk operations; creates and maintains work schedules, coordinates workflow and assigns daily tasks. Performs related and other work as required all within the context of the City's Mission of providing responsive, cost effective, and innovative local government services through a collaborative effort with the community to make Concord a city of the highest quality.
Conducts work in an office setting and outdoors. Work schedule has flexibility, working 3-4 weekdays per week between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. May include occasional irregular hours to attend to facility rentals, community functions/meetings, to resolve problem/issues and support Parks & Recreation operations.
Emphasizes hearing, speech, and vision. Work includes moderate lifting, carrying, stooping, and reaching.
Supervisory Guidance Received/Given
This position receives direct supervision from Recreation Program Coordinator. Supervision received is intended to prescribe both general and detailed methods for achieving objectives. This position provides supervision and guidance to part time facility staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing (internal or external) customer services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Skilled in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making. Giving appropriate attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Maintaining appropriate attention to detail based on the complexity of work performed.
- Conveying written and/or non-written information effectively; comprehending and understanding documentation and verbal or visual communications. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Actively looking for ways to help people. Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Ability to read, comprehend and retain. Ability to learn custom facility reservation software.
- Ability to provide high level customer service to internal and external customers including during high stress situations.
- Ability to operate with a high level of detail. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on tasks with interruptions; to adapt communications and behavioral styles appropriately in response to individuals and situations; to act promptly and decisively; to make acceptable decisions.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Satisfactory completion of high school or the equivalent.
Experience: Three years of related work experience that has provided knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform business level administrative and customer service duties in a computer-assisted environment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous