Activities Assistant – Life Engagement Coach
Why New Perspective Senior Living? A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
As the Life Engagement Coach (LEC), you will provide an enriching life experience by coordinating and executing life engagement activities with all residents. You will work with the team that encourages and supports the residents in 'Living Life On Purpose TM' by focusing on Pillars (Physical Fitness, Brain Fitness, Dining Experience and Social/Spiritual Enrichment). This opportunity is a perfect fit for compassionate individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer opportunities for training, advancement, education financial assistance, bonuses, and much more.
When you join our team, you'll gain:
- Referral Bonus - Earn a bonus each time we hire a new team member referred by you.
- Flexible Scheduling - Partner with your manager to create your ideal schedule.
- Full-time, Part-time - What works best for you? We want to make it happen!
- Tuition Assistance - We invest in our team members' development to promote within. Share your career goals with us!
- Leadership Support - We will give you the resources, training, and guidance to be successful in your current and future roles. Your success is our success!
- Collaborative & Inclusive Work Culture - We value all of our team members' experiences and backgrounds, and we continue to build dynamic teams. We're committed to listening to team members' ideas in order to make some of the best improvements.
- Positive Impacts - You'll make a difference by helping seniors live life on purpose!
- Assists with the creation and execution for the calendar and the personal schedules for the assigned neighborhood
- Ensures an abundant amount of supplies and working technology is available to the residents
- Continually invites, encourage and assists the residents in all activities
- Sets up agenda for evening engagement, present plan to evening Caregivers and follow up the next day to ensure the plan was executed
- Assists the team with the monthly budget to provide food, engagement, and educational activities.
- Communicates and interacts with residents, families and team members in a kind, respectful and effective way.
- Champions hospitality and delivers excellent customer service to residents, families, visitors, and vendors
- Ensures that an attractive home environment exists at all times with a milieu that fosters engagement, socialization and purposeful living.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Ability to read, write, speak & understand the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and act in the resident's best interest
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred and desire to serve and care for seniors
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
OUR HIRING PROCESS IS QUICK & EASY
Step 1: Application (5-10 minutes) Apply for the position that matches your interest and let us know the best way to contact you.
Step 2: Phone Screening (20 minutes) These quick introductions help us to learn more about your career goals and see if New Perspective is a good fit.
Step 3: In-Person Interview (45 minutes) We want to learn more about you! Share your past work experiences and your future goals. You'll also get to ask us questions, tour our community, and meet some of the team.
Step 4: Job Offer If the role and community seem like a good fit, we'll reach out with a job offer. Job offers may even be made at the time of your interview!
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!